Thursday, June 4, 2009

My first quilt project....

Here it is in all it's glory. Let me explain what you are seeing... It ..is ...a... table topper. (I bet you could guess huh?)

I went to Lakefield's enrichment activity and this is what they were doing.

I have a confession though...My Mom did most of the work. She went around her house and mine to find fabric.(hence part of my kitchen curtain fabric. Scarlett would be proud!)So all this was made form scrapes. Pretty cool!


It was actually not that hard IF you have the right tools for the job. Like a quilters mat, a rotary cutter, a nice sewing machine, etc. I still have to back it with some fabric,and iron it.
It was a lot of fun! Next I am going to do a fourth of July one. All red white and blue!(and then a black and white one, and then Christmas, and Thanksgiving, the list goes on and on!) Anybody else want to give it a try?

4 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Cuute! Love it. You two fancy ladies. . .

Renee said...

Dena!! That is the cutest quilt! I love it...I love quilting, just wish I was better at it! LoL

BTW, I love your blog background!

WhettenWild said...

You crafty girl you! That is awesome!

big8smiley said...

So cool! You did a great job!

Blast from the past

and all things denotes there is a God....

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed