Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The good stuff...

This shout out goes to Sister Cecil. She gave me the BEST recipe for buttermilk biscuits, that I now feel it is my duty ,NAY privilege to share it with you....

1st you will need:
3 cups of SELF rising flour
1 stick of cold butter or margarine
1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cup buttermilk (you have to get the good stuff. You can't add vinegar to milk.=)
add butter like this( I keep calling it butter but it is margarine. butter is easier to spell=) Mix it together. I put it in my stand mixer at a 2 speed.
till it looks like this...

roll it out on a lightly floured surface. and cut out your biscuits.


I like to do different shapes. These are supposed to be pumpkins, but I think I used the skull cookie cutter.


Bake at 425 for about 10 to 12 min. Oh yeah not pictured is me rubbing the tops with butter.

ENJOY! Throw in a little bacon, and you have one fine biscuit my friend! (yes drinking cranberry juice out of a martini glass makes me feel fancy!)

5 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

LOL I think I need to come on over for another biscuit making lesson! P.S. love your new header. Did you make it?

dena4kids said...

No I didn't make it. Well kindof. I put the harward home on it.=) I got it with the new blog layout.

WhettenWild said...

YUM! I like your Halloween layout.

Marti Family said...

You are too funny Dena! Love the tree!

big8smiley said...

Mmmmmm! Those look good! I'm making biscuits tonight and wanted to try your recipe, but I don't have any buttermilk. I'll have to try them another time for sure!

Blast from the past

and all things denotes there is a God....

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed