Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas to all....and to all a goodnight.


I just wanted to take a minute and say Merry Christmas to everyone. I am so grateful for the blessing of Christmas time. I love the song playing, A baby Changes Everything. I can't even imagine what Mary went through. Also the faith that it took for Mary and Joseph. I am grateful to them.
I am grateful for that baby who came to earth and lived and died for mankind. I am grateful for my Savior and his gift of the Atonement. He gave to us what we could not do for ourselves. How blessed we are to have the things we do today. A nice home, cars that run, four beautiful healthy children, great friends, and many, many other things. I am grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It is such a comfort to me to know that there is a true prophet leading this church. I am grateful for the sacrifice and service they do for all of us.
I wish I could tell even a small part of what I feel for my Savior, and for Christmas time. The Christmas feeling of joy, and for one small moment, peace on earth. In the Ensign article, The Best Christmas Ever, President Monson says this:

"If we are to have the very best Christmas ever, we must listen for the sound of sandaled feet. We must reach out for the Carpenter’s hand. With every step we take in His footsteps, we abandon a doubt and gain a truth.

It was said of Jesus of Nazareth that He “increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.”7 Do we have the determination to do likewise? One line of holy writ contains a tribute to our Lord and Savior, of whom it was said, He “went about doing good … ; for God was with him.”8

My prayer is that at this Christmas season and all the Christmastimes to come, we may follow in His footsteps. Then each Christmas will be the best Christmas ever."

This is my prayer as well. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!!!!!!!!

PS

If you would like to read the whole article here it is.

3 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Merry Christmas Harwards!! Hope you guys have a great week!

Love ya!

Jen said...

Merry belated Christmas and HAppy NEW YEar! Hope yopu have a wonderful time!

big8smiley said...

Even though I read this a little late, I still really enjoyed it. Thank you so much for sharing! I hope your Christmas was wonderful. :)

Blast from the past

and all things denotes there is a God....

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed