Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The CODE!

You ask what the CODE is, well I'll tell you in story form of course. Today was a pretty busy day at work, lots of stops and customers to take care of. This means for me no time to stop and grab a bite to eat, so needless to say by the time I get home I'm ready to eat the door off the hinges!!
So as I park my truck and finish paper work I call my wife, like I do every day and let her know I'm on the way home, well this is where the "CODE" comes in. I ask Dena, "Hey whats for dinner?" She proceeds to go over the menu, and of course like Pavlov's dogs I madly salivate in anticipation of the soon to be had meal!!!!! Almost an hour later as I walk through the door and to utter disappointment, no food. I ask my wife, wheres dinner?!!!!!! Her reply, I didn't know you were hungry, sure you did, I asked whats for dinner?! After almost 11 years of marital bliss I've become painfully aware, stomach pains that is, that my wonderful wife has not figured out my "CODE". What is a man to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

dena4kids said...

I have something to say...well really I don't heehee. Sorry Nathan!I love ya! I will TRY to remember the code!(but don't hold your breath.hehehe)

Heidi said...

POOR NATHAN! I'm sure Dena will fix ya something.

Jen said...

Dena, shame on you..lol! Your poor husband out slaving away all day and comes home without the wonderful smell (or taste) of a home cooked meal..It's a monumental event if I have dinner ready for Jesse when he gets home. Most of the time it's "Hey can you stop on your way home from work and pick up something for dinner?!!" ;-)

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Dena what is wrong with you?? Get it together!! ;)
So what DID ya eat?

Blast from the past

and all things denotes there is a God....

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed